- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Visualization, combined with machine learning
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Natural language processing
Candidates must (or are expected to) have a PhD in computer science or related fields at the time of appointment and be capable of doing their own research projects from scratch. Upon appointment, candidates are expected to work on their own projects (including budget proposals) in collaboration with other researchers in our group.
Meanwhile, our institutional mission is to provide data science technologies to other disciplinaries; therefore, candidates’ main responsibility is to work on inter-disciplinary projects upon assignment, and they are expected to work on them at the first priority. We have been working on exciting projects with other departments on:
- Medical imaging with machine/deep learning, including vessel segmentation/classification in retinal images, surgery video analysis, etc.
- AI-supported historical document analysis,
- Historical analysis of Buddha faces in 2D and 3D with AI
- Reflectance analysis of tooth and human tissues for dental and medical applications
- Human action recognition for medical and behavior analysis
Interested researchers may send the CV and the anticipated date to start working with us via email@example.com